A Message from the Director
Although the Queen’s March Break Open House scheduled for March 21st has now been cancelled, the Bachelor of Health Sciences faculty, staff, and current students are creating a “Virtual Open House” for you that will involve key online events and tours, including:
- A video tour of our facilities, including our anatomy lab and museum, as well as our biochemistry, microbiology, physiology and pharmacology teaching laboratories.
- A recorded video presentation in which the similarities and differences between the BHSc, Life Sciences, and Biochemistry programs are described by Dr. Louise Winn, Associate Dean Life Sciences and Biochemistry and Dr. Nicola Philbrook, Assistant Professor and Manager of Admissions and Academic Advising.
- A recorded video presentation about the BHSc program by Dr. Michael Adams, Director of the Bachelor of Health Sciences Program.
- Live Q&A sessions using Zoom videoconferencing with program faculty/staff and current BHSc students (dates/times TBD).
- Access to online resources about campus life to help you discover Queen’s (e.g. residences, dining halls, libraries, athletics and recreation facilities).
We realize that students interested in the Bachelor of Health Sciences program will still want to visit Queen’s, with their families, to talk to staff, students and faculty about the BHSc program as well as to tour the campus and our facilities. We will do our very best to provide you with this opportunity when tours become available again. Please continue to return to the BHSc website as we will be uploading all of the components of the BHSc Virtual Open House as soon as we are able.
Join one (or more) of our live Question and Answer sessions. These sessions are being offered using Zoom videoconferencing and will give you the opportunity to ask questions about to program and get answers from faculty and/or staff members. Please check back for the dates and times.
BHSc Program Q&A
Hosted by Dr. Michael Adams
Ask the Director of the Bachelor of Health Sciences program your questions. Dr. Adams has also recorded a program information presentation which you can find further up the page, which may answer some of your questions.
Wednesday, May 6th
Watch the recording of the session below:
Q&A with Current Students
Join current on-campus Bachelor of Health Sciences students and ask them your questions about their experiences at Queen's.
Monday, May 11th
Watch the recording below!
Tuesday, May 12th
Watch the recording below:
Learn more about the Bachelor of Health Sciences program in this presentation given by the Director of the program, Dr. Michael Adams. He'll cover the distinguishing features of the program, the "flipped classroom" format, the courses you can take in each year, and the learning tracks offered.
Discover our lab facilities. Located in the School of Medicine Building, Queen's has one of the finest anatomy facilities in the country. Join PhD students Diane and Olivia on a tour of the Anatomy Learning Centre, the Biochemistry & Microbiology lab, and the Physiolgy, Pharmacology & Toxicology Lab.
Learn about the similarities and differences between the Health Sciences, Life Sciences, and Biochemistry programs in this presentation from Dr. Nikki Philbrook and Dr. Louise Winn. They will discuss the distinguishing features of each program, including program focus, class sizes, class schedules, and the various course requirements.
Take a moment to explore a demo section of our interactive and engaging course modules! Students will work through content at their own pace, with opportunities for self-assessment and self-reflection of content learned throughout the modules.