If you have an interest in any of the Health Sciences Research Courses (HSCI 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 598, 599), be sure to familiarize yourself with the following steps.
1. Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc) degree program students in their 3rd (eligible for HSCI 591, 592, 593, 594, 595) or 4th year (eligible for HSCI 591, 592, 593, 594, 595 598, 599) interested in pursuing a research project (max. 12 units) should contact the BHSc Program Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) a full 3 academic terms prior to their preferred start date. For example, if you are wanting to take HSCI 598 and 599 in Fall/Winter of your 4th year, contact the BHSc Program Office in Fall of your 3rd year.
2. Prior to contacting the BHSc Program Office, identify up to 5 faculty members with whom you may be interested in being supervised by. Please refer to the following websites for faculty associated with research projects:
- Biomedical and Molecular Sciences
- Public Health Sciences
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Health Sciences
Note that students are permitted to explore supervisors outside of these faculty directories, including Clinician Scientists associated Queen’s. If you are hoping to conduct a research project at a facility other than Queen’s, it is required that you still have a co-supervisor at Queen’s.
3. Upon receipt of this email, the BHSc Director will contact your declared supervisors to determine if they are accepting undergraduate research students. After confirmation from the Program Office that this initial conversation has occurred, students are expected to contact potential supervisors themselves, cc’ing the Program Office, providing a cover letter (in the form of an email), unofficial transcript, and CV to their potential supervisor.
4. Once an agreement has been made between you and a supervisor, please email the BHSc Program Office from your Queen's email (and include your student number) letting us know who your supervisor is (and copying them on the email), the course numbers that you will be completing with them, and the academic term(s) that those courses will be taken in. Students must complete this form and submit it to email@example.com