Welcome to the Bachelor of Health Sciences community.
Whether on-campus or online, one of the best features of our program is that you become much more than just a name or a student number. We’ve worked hard to create a supportive community in which your instructors and fellow students are truly accessible. You’ll also receive regular course updates ensuring that you know about everything from upcoming deadlines to new videos or online content.
Below you will find various links to support you in your academics and student experience.
Whether you've just started with the BHSc or you've been a student with us for a few years, these guides can help you with a variety of tasks, such as setting up your NetID and email address, enrolling in your courses, and running academic advisement reports. If you have any other questions, you can always email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
We're so glad that you've chosen our program and are excited to welcome you in September. We have a number of Orientation events planned over the next three months to help you feel at home at Queen's and in the BHSc program.
SOAR (Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources)
For years now, Queen’s has been hosting a Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR) program for first year students and their families. SOAR programming includes both overall University orientation and program-specific orientation. SOAR material will be delivered in an online format throughout the month of July (detailed schedule to follow). These resources will combine both live online sessions and other online materials that we hope will help you prepare for your studies in September and introduce you to Faculty, Staff, and students within the BHSc community.
This year, the BHSc SOAR programming will include:
- A welcome video from Dr. Michael Adams, Director of the BHSc program
- A welcome video from Lynne Altow, President of the Health Sciences Society
- A course registration webinar for option and elective courses
- Information on first year BHSc core courses including:
- Live online Q&As with your first year professors
- Sample online modules from each of your first year core courses
- Live online Q&A for parents/supporters with current BHSc students
- A collection of online resources to help you adjust to university life, including:
- Central student supports and services (ex. Student Wellness Services, Student Academic Success Services, Athletics and Recreation etc.)
- Working effectively in a group
- Academic integrity
- Information on applying for a peer mentor through QSuccess
SOAR is run collaboratively with the Queen’s University Student Experience Office who will also be providing a variety of sessions for you to get to know each other, as well as explore the many resources available to you as a student.
Orientation Week provides first-year students an introduction to life at Queen's University, with opportunities to meet their peers, learn about the resources available at Queen's to support their success, engage in extra-curricular activities and get to know their new home. Our Health Sciences Executive Committee and Coats (Orientation leaders) can't wait to welcome you to Queen's!
Information about Orientation Week for Fall 2021 is coming soon.
It contains information concerning admission requirements, academic regulations, programs and courses of study, and other matters of general interest to students who are registered in, or who are contemplating, the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) program at Queen’s.