Admission requirements for full time studies
All high school students must:
- Have a completed secondary school diploma or stated equivalent
- Have a minimum 75% average
- Have completed senior high school math, english and two of: chemistry, biology and physics. See specific requirements by province below.
- Have not currently enrolled in another post-secondary program
- Have a question? Our advisors are here to help.
Requirements by Province
|CANADIAN SCHOOLS||PREREQUISITE COURSES REQUIRED|
|Ontario||English 4U, any 4U Mathematics, and two of Biology 4U, Chemistry 4U, or Physics 4U. One additional required course at either the 4U or 4M level.|
|British Columbia, Yukon||English 12, Mathematics 12* OR Calculus 12**, and two of Biology 12, Chemistry 12, or Physics 12.|
|Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nunavut||English 30-1, Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2 or 31, and two of Biology 30, Chemistry 30, or Physics 30, plus one additional academic 30 or 31 level course. Please Note: Pure Mathematics 30 can be used in place of the Mathematics requirement.|
|Saskatchewan||English 30A and 30B, Pre-Calculus 30 or Mathematics 30B, and two of Chemistry 30, Biology 30, or Physics 30, plus one additional academic 30 level course. Calculus 30 is recommended.|
|Manitoba||English 40S, any 40S Mathematics, and two of Biology 40S, Chemistry 40S, or Physics 40S, plus one additional 40S level course.|
|Quebec CEGEP||English – two courses; Mathematics – NYA, NYB, or NYC, and two of Biology NYA, II, Chemistry NYA, NYB or Physics NYA, NYB, NYC.|
|New Brunswick||English 122, any Grade 12 Mathematics (except Financial and Workplace Math 12), two of Biology 122, Chemistry 122, or Physics 122, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|Nova Scotia||English 12, any Grade 12 Mathematics, and two of Biology 12, Chemistry 12, and Physics 12, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course|
|Prince Edward Island||English 621, any Mathematics 600, and two of Biology 621, Chemistry 621, or Physics 621, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|Newfoundland||English-any level 3, Mathematics-any level 3, and two of Biology 3201, Chemistry 3202, or Physics 3204, plus two additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|International Students||Please refer to International Admission Requirements by Country.|
|If you completed Advanced Placement, Cambridge Pre-University, International Baccalaureate, or a French Baccalauréat, please contact Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information.|
Don't meet the requirements? You can still apply!
Our interest student stream is designed for students who are interested in getting a degree, but don’t yet meet our admissions requirements.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply as a non-degree interest student (no documentation required)
- Take up to 2 courses per semester
- Start by taking these courses:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (with a minimum GPA of 2.3 in each course) in those first three courses to enter the degree program
- OR keep taking courses out of interest and keep earning university credits, you’re already on your way to your career!
Still have questions? Contact us: email@example.com
High School students interested in applying for entry to the BHSc program for Fall 2018 should apply via Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
Use the code “QHO” to search for and apply to the Bachelor of Health Sciences program.