Admission requirements for full time studies
All high school students must:
- Have a completed secondary school diploma or stated equivalent
- Have a minimum 75% average
- Have completed senior high school math, english and two of: chemistry, biology and physics. See specific requirements by province below.
- Have not currently enrolled in another post-secondary program
- Have a question? Our advisors are here to help.
Requirements by Province
|CANADIAN SCHOOLS||PREREQUISITE COURSES REQUIRED|
|Ontario||English 4U, any 4U Mathematics, and two of Biology 4U, Chemistry 4U, or Physics 4U. One additional required course at either the 4U or 4M level.|
|British Columbia, Yukon||English 12, Mathematics 12* OR Calculus 12**, and two of Biology 12, Chemistry 12, or Physics 12.|
|Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nunavut||English 30-1, Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2 or 31, and two of Biology 30, Chemistry 30, or Physics 30, plus one additional academic 30 or 31 level course. Please Note: Pure Mathematics 30 can be used in place of the Mathematics requirement.|
|Saskatchewan||English 30A and 30B, Pre-Calculus 30 or Mathematics 30B, and two of Chemistry 30, Biology 30, or Physics 30, plus one additional academic 30 level course. Calculus 30 is recommended.|
|Manitoba||English 40S, any 40S Mathematics, and two of Biology 40S, Chemistry 40S, or Physics 40S, plus one additional 40S level course.|
|Quebec CEGEP||English – two courses; Mathematics – NYA, NYB, or NYC, and two of Biology NYA, II, Chemistry NYA, NYB or Physics NYA, NYB, NYC.|
|New Brunswick||English 122, any Grade 12 Mathematics (except Financial and Workplace Math 12), two of Biology 122, Chemistry 122, or Physics 122, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|Nova Scotia||English 12, any Grade 12 Mathematics, and two of Biology 12, Chemistry 12, and Physics 12, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course|
|Prince Edward Island||English 621, any Mathematics 600, and two of Biology 621, Chemistry 621, or Physics 621, plus one additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|Newfoundland||English-any level 3, Mathematics-any level 3, and two of Biology 3201, Chemistry 3202, or Physics 3204, plus two additional academic Grade 12 course.|
|International Students||Please refer to International Admission Requirements by Country.|
|If you completed Advanced Placement, Cambridge Pre-University, International Baccalaureate, or a French Baccalauréat, please contact Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com for more detailed information.|
Don't meet the requirements? You can still apply!
Our interest student stream is designed for students who are interested in getting a degree, but don’t yet meet our admissions requirements.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply as a non-degree interest student (no documentation required)
- Take up to 2 courses per semester
- Start by taking these courses:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (with a minimum GPA of 2.3 in each course) in those first three courses to enter the degree program
- OR keep taking courses out of interest and keep earning university credits, you’re already on your way to your career!
Still have questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org